Monday 18 February 2013

Knitting and the search for inspiration

Finding a bag of fancy yarns stored in a cupboard has started me knitting.  There is only one ball of each type - I think I originally brought them for fibres on the cards I was making. 

One ball is enough to make a pair of fluffy/funky or fun fingerless mitts.  Great fun to make.  

 

A collar and matching mitts,  a glorious multi-coloured pair of mitts and a pair being knitted in the muted shades of an autumn sky.


There are still quite a few balls of yarn in some beautiful colours left to make up.
My bedtime reading at the moment is old craft books and magazines while I search for inspirationSearching for inspiration so I can start new projects may not be such a good idea as I seem to have the attention span of a mayfly and am trying to finish the stack of things that are piled up on the dinning table.  
 Assorted hair clips, pot holders and purses to name but a few.  

No comments:

Post a Comment