Wednesday 27 August 2014

Sewing club inspiration

The sewing club that we started a few months ago is going really well, even though we haven't met as a group during most of August, we have all carried on sewing.

 My sister and I had to get ourselves outfits made for our cousins wedding.  
I went for a fifties/sixties inspired dress complete with froufrou petticoat and my sister made a stunning two piece from some teal brocade.  While we were doing this my niece has been making pyjama bottoms and a retro look swim suit.  My niece's friend decided to design and them make a fitted top, it may need a little work when we all meet up again.  I am so proud of them - they are really getting the dressmaking bug.  Soon nothing will hold them back.

I had to alter the pattern to make it the right size (not as thin as I used to be)  and because I didn't have enough my chosen fabric to make it as the pattern sleeve stated, I also changed the sleeves slightly.  




All cut out and ready to go.

 

 French seams for the skirt and sleeves and a lined bodice



Flowers made from the dress fabric to coordinate my plain straw hat. 







Vintage blue crochet gloves complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment