Sunday 13 November 2011

PRINTING ON COTTON TAPE

Today I started to make the bag my niece said she would like for Christmas.  Her requests are:- a different colour to white because it would dirty ( she is right I have been using mine since the begining of August and even if you discount the teastains it is looking a bit grubby), A4 portrait not the landscape format that I have been using, and a picture of Bruce (my cat) - to start with she wanted him awake then changed her mind to asleep.

I am not convinced that she will find the portrait format as roomy as she thinks as a bag so I decided to make panels on the sides of the bag before putting the gusset in.  For the design both choices were possible - a sleeping cat dreaming of his waking moments.  Over the weekend I caught a snippet of the craft channel where they werer talking about inkjet tape.  A special cotton tape that you could put through an injet printer.  I tried doing this with the cotton tape that I had and even with my rather sulky printer it worked.  Now having used my JAYNE NETLEY MAYHEW COLLECTION CD-ROM I have several pieces of leopard print tape to edge the panels with. This opens up a whole world of possibilities to explore see link for Joanna Sheen stockist of the cd-rom. 


http://www.joannasheen.com/craft-supplies/joanna-sheen-cdrom-dvds/cdrom-jayne-netley-mayhew-collection-2-disk-set/
The bag design again I worked out using SERIF DIGITAL SCRAPBOOK.
http://www.daisytrail.com/scrapbook.html?uid=21043  one of my pages.

The other tip (from PINTREST) that I want to follow up is tranfering a photo or picture to wood or canvas or plastic.  I just need to get some acrilic gel medium.  Hopefully I can get this in hobbycraft tomorrow evening.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NjYbAAQ4vw  It looks easy and effective.  Watch this space for the results.  I got some of those 8x8 wooden mirrors from Ikea while we were there which would be perfect for this technique.

My sister showed me some the things she has been working on to add to my Etsy shop - really different to things I have been doing.http://www.etsy.com/people/dreamtimemakes

1 comment:

  1. The 8x8" mirrors from Ikea are 10x10" something I did not think to check until after I had printed my design. I think our next printer will have to be an A3 one.

    ReplyDelete