IT HAS BEEN EASIER TO
continue with altering this book because all the cutting has been completed.
NOW MY BOOK IS READY TO DECORATE. The papers I chose for the front and back covers have been glued on, with a hole cut in the front cover. All the pages that needed to be glued together have been. I decided to print some custom cotton tape for the edges of the covers because I thought that would be harder wearing.
(PRINTING COTTON TAPE :- USE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE TO ATTACH INCH WIDE COTTON TAPE ONTO A SHEET OF A4 PAPER. I CHOSE SOME FERN LEAF CLEAR STAMPS, WHICH I STUCK UNTO A STAMPING BLOCK. STAMP RANDOMLY OVER THE PAGE - I USED TWO COLOURS WAIT TILL INK IS COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE PEELING OFF THE BACKING SHEET AND USING ON THE PROJECT).
I wanted to use the printer to do the cotton tape but the printer that I have just would not do it today, it is quite often fussy about what it will print. So I had to go with PLAN B. I am pleased with the result.
I dry brushed the pages with white GESSO making sure that some of the print could be seen through the paint and left to dry completely.